•After the installation of the SQL 2000 Enterprise Server, it is required to install the Service Pack from Microsoft. Included in the service pack are patches and improvements on the SQL 2000 server security.
•Using the Windows Explorer, go to the “sql2ksp3” folder.
•Note: It is assumed that the account you are login is the “Administrator” account of the Windows 2000 Advance Server. Administrator account is needed to install any software in windows 2000 Advance Server.
1. From the Windows Explorer, double click file “setup.bat” or left click file “setup.bat” and press enter on the keyboard.
2. From Welcome window, click Next button. Software License Agreement window appears.
3. Read the agreement, then click Yes button to accept.
4. From Instance Name window, just click Next button. Connect to Server window appears.
5. Choose The Windows account information I use to log on to my computer with (Windows authentication) option button. Then click Next button to continue.
6. MS SQL validating the account.
7. SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 3 Setup window appears. Just click Continue button to proceed.
8. Error Reporting window appears. Just click OK button to continue.
9. MS SQL 2000 gathers and processes information.
10. Click Next button to continue.
11. Setup installing MDAC.
12. Setup updating MS SQL 2000.
13. Running script
14. Click OK button. 15. Click Finish button.
15. Click Finish button.